Improvement Assessment Framework
How is the CCG’s performance managed?
Every year, NHS England rate the performance of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) using a tool called the Improvement and Assessment Framework (IAF). Anybody can view these ratings, by looking at the My NHS website. The IAF plays an important role for NHS Waltham Forest Clinical Commissioning Group (Waltham Forest CCG) because it helps us to improve the outcomes for patients who live in and use NHS services in Waltham Forest.
How does the IAF measure performance?
The IAF looks at four areas of the CCG’s performance:
- Better health: This area looks at how the CCG is helping to improve the health and wellbeing of its population
- Better care: This area focuses on care redesign and performance against constitutional standards and outcomes in important clinical areas
- Sustainability: This area looks at how the CCG is maintaining financial balance and securing good value for patients and the public
- Leadership: This area assesses the quality of the CCG’s leadership and its plans, how the CCG works with its partners and the governance arrangements that the CCG has in place to ensure it acts with probity, for example in managing conflicts of interest
- Further details about our areas of good performance can be found on the My NHS website.