Primary Care Commissioning Committee (PCCC)
NHS Waltham Forest Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) took on a delegated commissioning role from NHS England on 1 April 2015.
The Waltham Forest Primary Care Commissioning Committee (PCCC) is responsible for commissioning GP services in the borough.
The PCCC makes decisions locally on how General Practice (GP) services are commissioned.
The committee works with NHS England to ensure that all Waltham Forest residents have access to a GP, and that GP practices deliver safe, high quality services to their patients.
This arrangement supports the CCG to improve patient care in the following ways:
- Increased access to primary care and more out-of-hospitals services available closer to home
- high quality out-of-hospitals care
- better health outcomes, fair access, reduced inequalities
- enhanced patient experience through more joined-up services.
PCCC public attendance
The PCCC meets on the first Wednesday of each month and members of the public are welcome to attend.
To make sure there is sufficient seating for everyone please inform the CCG at least one day in advance of each meeting if you plan to attend.
The public can ask questions of the PCCC, however questions must be emailed in advance of the meeting.
Confirmation of attendance and advanced questions should be sent to: email@example.com
Please note, if confidential and sensitive matters are being discussed, the public may be excluded from this part of the meeting.
Who is on the PCCC?
The committee is chaired by a Lay Member, and to minimize conflicts of interest, only Lay Members or Executive Officers of the CCG are voting committee members.
- Lay Chair
- Lay Vice Chair
- Local Authority member
- CCG Chief Finance Officer
- Independent GP
- CCG Accountable Officer
- Public Health
- Healthwatch Waltham Forest
- x3 CCG GPs representing each locality
- NHS England
- Local Medical Committee
- Pharmacy/Local Pharmacy Committee representative
- CCG Quality lead
- Direct of Stragic Commissioning
- Associate Director of Strategic Commissioning