Patient Reference Group
One of the main ways local people get involved in Waltham Forest CCG is through our Patient Reference Group (PRG). The group has been in place since the start of 2014. It is part of the CCG governance structure.
The group meets monthly (apart from August and December) and helps to develop strategies and plans for local health services. In time, people on the Patient Reference Group will be involved in all stages of our work, including assessing the needs of people in Waltham Forest, providing advice on our plans for health services and helping to keep track of progress against our community participation strategy.
The three localities of Chingford, Walthamstow, and Leyton and Leytonstone are represented in addition to the following voices:
- Save Our NHS
- Residents under 25 years old
- People with learning disabilities
- Those registered disabled
- Mental health service users
- People with long term conditions such as diabetes, cancer or cardiovascular disease
- Asian residents
- Black and Afro-Caribbean residents
- Eastern European residents
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
- People with sensory impairments
- Faith groups
- Those accessing personal health budgets
- Patient Participation Group locality representatives – read more here
How do I apply?
The Patient Reference Group has an open recruitment and welcomes applications at any time.