Oliver Road GP walk-in service closes on 31 August – where to go instead
The walk-in GP service at Oliver Road is closed from 31 August 2016. Other services at the Oliver Road site, including the GP practices for registered patients, are not affected by this change.
NHS Waltham Forest Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), the organisation responsible for planning most health services in the borough, took the decision to close the service after running a public consultation last year.
- Many common illnesses such as coughs and colds can be easily treated by visiting your local pharmacist, who can offer advice on how to look after yourself with rest and over the counter treatments.
- Ring your GP to make an appointment. Not registered? Visit the NHS Choices website (nhs.uk for details on how to register.
- Book weekend GP and nurse appointments at one of Chingford, Walthamstow or Leyton and Leytonstone hubs by calling 020 8519 3999 between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday, or 9am to 5pm on Saturday or Sunday.
- If urgent, call the NHS 111 number - a trained adviser will offer advice over the phone and will be able to direct you to the best service for you to receive care. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This service is also available via the British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter. Visit interpreternow.co.uk/nhs111 for more information.
- For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, call 999.