Mental health services are really important to us, because we know there is no health without mental health.
NHS Waltham Forest Clinical Commissioning Group (WF CCG) is actively working with the local authority (London Borough of Waltham Forest), NELFT, primary care and third sector providers to meet the standards and requirements set in NHS Five Year Forward View plan.
The CCG and Local authority have worked together and have established a Lead Commissioning arrangement for mental health services.
This is reducing the fragmentation of service commissioning and the delivery of a seamless pathway of health and care that makes important connections with services that have an impact on the wider determinants of health.
The following key priorities have been identified for Mental Health services:
- Commission Recovery College for mental health users - a new service to improve independence and self- management
- Increase the number of mental health service users in employment
- Recommission mental health supported accommodation services
- Review housing pathways
- Develop and outcome based specification for mental health services
- Complete single point of access (SPA)
- Develop Dementia Hub for patients and carers.