NHS Test and Trace - Let's Get Back
Coronavirus is still in circulation and a threat to our communities. Testing is free, quick and vital to stop the spread of the virus. Everyone with symptoms, no matter how mild, can now get a free test.
By getting tested and self-isolating, if you have symptoms, you will protect your friends, family, colleagues and community and will play a vital role in helping the country get back to the things they love.
Testing is free, quick and vital to stop the spread of coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus are a high temperature or a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change in sense of smell or taste. If you have symptoms do not leave your house other than to get a test.
The test can be booked or ordered as soon as symptoms begin at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119 and you can expect your result the next day. The swab test takes less than a minute and is pain free.
What to do when you get your test result
If you test negative (the test did not find coronavirus):
- keep self-isolating for 14 days from when you were last in contact with the person who has coronavirus – as you could get symptoms after being tested
- anyone you live with can stop self-isolating if they do not have symptoms
- anyone in your support bubble can stop self-isolating if they do not have symptoms
If you test positive (you have coronavirus):
- self-isolate for at least 10 days from when your symptoms started – even if it means you're self-isolating for longer than 14 days
- anyone you live with must self-isolate for 14 days from when your symptoms started
- anyone in your support bubble must self-isolate for 14 days from when your symptoms started
How NHS Test and Trace will contact you
You will be contacted by email, text or phone. Text messages will come from NHStracing. Calls will come from 0300 0135000.
Children under 18 will be contacted by phone wherever possible and asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call.
You will be asked to sign in to the NHS Test and Trace contact tracing website. If you cannot use the website, they will call you.